MINIBOND SCORECARD - Main indicators as of December 31st 2014
The Italian SMEs are finally getting access to the debt market through so-called “Minibonds”: during last November and December, thirteen new Minibonds have been issued by firms with annual turnover lower than 80 million EUR. Average face value and coupon rate have declined, as well, compared to statistics from the previous months.
A 4,800 million EUR market with little under 100 Minibonds issued, the Minibonds with face value inferior to 50 million EUR now amount to a total value of more than 700 million EUR: this is a snapshot of the Minibond market at the end of 2014.
In November and December 2014, there have been 10 new issues of Minibonds with face value inferior to 50 million EUR: this comes as a confirmation of the fact that a debt market for Italian SMEs is indeed taking shape.
- Average turnover of issuing companies: 68 million EUR (the average as of October 31st 2014 was 82 million EUR)
- Average face value: 7.7 million EUR (the average as of October 31st 2014 was 10 million EUR)
- Average annual coupon: 5.5% (the average as of October 31st 2014 was 6.1%)
- Average maturity: 3.7 years (the average as of October 31st 2014 was 6.4 years)
These are the main market indicators as of December 31st 2014:
- 92 Minibonds issued, amounting to a total value little over 4,800 million EUR
- Minibonds with face value over 50 million EUR count for 85% of the total debt issued, while more than 75% comes from issues with nominal value over 150 million EUR
- 15% of the total debt issued is represented by 73 Minibonds, each of them not exceeding 50 million EUR in nominal value
The MINIBOND SCORECARD outlines the main features (size, maturity, coupon rate, payback structure) of Minibonds with less than 50 million EUR in face value, while providing a description of their average profile.
The MINIBOND SCORECARD is periodically available through MiniBondItaly.it, the Italian web portal for Minibonds, created and updated by Business Support – a strategy consulting and financial advisory firm.
Minibonditaly.it aims to provide valuable support to all players and analysts who show interest in the Italian SMEs debt market, offering free and constantly updated collections of data regarding Minibond market facts and trends.