MINIBOND SCORECARD: MARKET TRENDS MAIN INDICATORS AS OF JANUARY 31ST 2017
MINIBOND SCORECARD: MARKET TRENDS
Main indicators as of January 31st 2017
THE FIRST MINIBOND ISSUED IN 2017 IN THE NEW MINIBOND SCORECARD: MARKET TRENDS
224 issued minibonds for a total value of approximately €8.7 bn (+10.3% vs 31st October 2016): this is what happened in the quarter just ended in the Italian ExtraMot Pro Market.
The interest showed by foreign countries for this debt instrument, which in Italy has seen a fair amount of success among SME’s, is constantly on the rise. In the first month of the new year the portal MinibondItaly.it has registered a lot of visitors from the United States and lot of new visits from Switzerland.
Precisely for this reason MinibondItaly together with Epic Sim have created the English version of the document. The Minibond Scorecard: Market Trends designed with the purpose of bringing quality and reliable information to foreign agents operating within the sector: it provides a description from an international angle on what is currently happening in the Extramot Pro Italian Market, with the objective of providing an updated and clear picture for international players.
Let us take a detailed look at what has changed compared to the last update:
- 224 issued minibonds for a total value of approximately €8.7 bn (+10.3% vs 31st October 2016)
- Increase of minibonds below €50 M in face value: in the November-January period they account for €114M vs €37M of previous quarter
- Slight decrease of the average face value, further downside respect the previous quarter, confirming the market consolidation trend
- Construction registered the highest variation (+1.6 pp of the share of total value issued vs October), thanks to the new issue of ICM S.p.A.
- Strong concentration of issues in Northern Italy is confirmed
The updated average profile of minibonds not exceeding €50 M is the following:
- Average face value: €8.3M
- Average coupon rate: 5.34%
- Average maturity: 5.5 years
MINIBOND SCORECARD: MARKET TRENDS published by MinibondItaly.it in collaboration with Epic SIM, provides quarterly updates on the Minibond Italian market evolution; the English version is released one month after the Italian one, ensuring a constant stream of accurate data.
MinibondItaly.it is the first informational web portal and news aggregator overviewing the Italian Minibond market (developed and managed by Business Support, a strategy consulting and financial advisory firm).
Epic SIM manages the new fintech platform www.epic.it that directly connects private capital and SMEs.